AIGA Asheville announces 2024 leadership teamFeb 05, 2024 06:37PM ● By WNC Business
ASHEVILLE – AIGA Asheville, the local chapter of the national organization dedicated to advancing design as a professional craft, strategic advantage, and vital cultural force, announced the election of its new board of directors. This group of professionals is set to propel the chapter forward, embracing the mission to educate, elevate, and serve the creative community.
New Leadership for a Progressive Future
The new board comprises a blend of continuing members taking on new roles and fresh faces bringing diverse perspectives and skills. Leading the charge is John Hornsby as President, with Shane Parreco stepping up as Vice President. The team is poised to build on the chapter's accomplishments, driving growth and innovation.
A Call for Passionate Professionals
The board currently has two critical vacancies: Sponsorship and Secretary/Treasurer. AIGA Asheville extends an open invitation to individuals passionate about design and community building to join this vibrant team. Interested parties are encouraged to come forward and contribute to shaping the future of design in Asheville.
The Board of Directors: A Blend of Expertise and Dedication
- Executive Committee: John Hornsby (President), Shane Parreco (Vice President), and Sara Koubek (Membership Chair) lead with a commitment to inclusivity and professional growth.
- Programming: Alyssa Trammel takes the helm as Chair, joined by a team ready to deliver compelling and educational events.
- Marketing & Design: Steve Simmerman leads a group of designers and writers, including Keith Krebbs, Mikaela Roel, and Courtney Edwards, focused on elevating the chapter's presence and outreach.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Sumaya K. Owens continues as Chair, supported by a team dedicated to fostering an inclusive design community.
- Education: Tom Petruccelli remains as Chair, guiding efforts to enrich the professional development of members.
- Business Outreach: Jenny Fares continues to bridge connections with the local business community, ensuring mutual growth and collaboration.
A Farewell to Outgoing Members
AIGA Asheville also takes a moment to express gratitude to outgoing board members, including Sarah Benoit, Lindsay Barrasse, and Alyssa Phillips, for their dedication and service. Their contributions have laid a solid foundation for future success.
What's Next for AIGA Asheville?
With a renewed focus on community engagement, professional development, and elevating the voice of design, the board is excited to embark on a year of innovative programming and initiatives. AIGA Asheville remains committed to making design accessible and beneficial for all, fostering an environment where creativity thrives.
AIGA Asheville is part of the largest professional association for design, dedicated to advancing the value and impact of design, both locally and globally. With a mission to inspire and support creatives, the chapter is a beacon for the design community in Asheville, offering a platform for professional development, networking, and advocacy. Learn more at Asheville.AIGA.org.
Source: AIGA Asheville